New year, huh? I suppose that’s a good occassion for a little update, and to reflect a bit on the last year…
I’m currently a little sleep deprived, but I really want to write this as early into the year as possible. I’ve been really busy lately, and likely will be until May… Two big exams are coming up, and I have a lot of studying and schoolwork to do :( Hopefully this time will pass fast and I’ll finally be free from all this. I’m graduating this year.
I’m planning a bunch of blog posts: one about Sonic Prime, tutorials on using Jekyll and using the Neocities CLI… Hopefully I won’t forget to actually write them.
In last year’s final months I’ve thought up a whole lot of new projects - I really, really want to pick them up, but I also don’t want to abandon my already started ones… So I’ll list all things that are a priority to me right now, in case I lose my focus and forget.
Projects in progress:
- HeartBit, a
dating simvisual novel about robots.
- Sheep Don’t Swim, an arcade mobile-focused game about herding sheep. I want to do a rewrite of it at some point, and get it to a releasable state.
- a currently unnamed animated film that I’m helping some aquiantances with
- currently unnamed web story starring Paju (webcomic, kind of.)
Projects not started yet:
- MyteBytes - desktop virtual pet game, with breeding and basic genetics. I plan the pets to be fully transferable and exportable.
- OpenLumi - open source Lumines clone, with tools to create your own custom skins, and export/import them. I have no experience with open source projects, I wonder if I can pull this off. And I also wonder if there’s any Lumines fans out there that would be interested in something like this.
In terms of resolutions… well, all I got is that I want to exercise more, and want to use my smartphone less (it’s a free time vampire! I’ve known that for years, but only last year I actually started doing something about it. I have been making a lot of progress, but I could do even better!)
Other news: I have discovered the existence of the Creatures game series. I am deeply intruiged and must try playing these games. I feel like I’d get totally absorbed if I tried them though, and I have a lot of studying to do, so I’ll do my best to practice restraint. I feel like I won’t be able to resist the siren’s call for several months. God, those games seem so cool, I must play them! I’m a sucker for biology, genetics and ecology stuff, and Creatures sounds immensely fascinating to me.
Alright, that’s it from me for now. Happy new year, dear reader, hope you have a great one. If you see any grammar mistakes, don’t worry, future me will fix those when they’re less sleep deprived. Probably.